Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Wreaths


 
Did you get my teaser the other day? Did you guess what it would be?
 
 
I worked for days on this and I almost gave up on it. I may try another pair in a different style but I’ve run out of wire.  I’ll have some more in a few days so until then this is all there is.

 
Last Christmas we made our own Christmas wreath. My church has an afternoon of wreath making event every year. I’ve wanted to go for years but last year I found out it costs a lot to go to and Neil wasn’t really interested in going. He always wanted to make a wreath though (he just didn’t want to do it at church). So since we have evergreen trees, ivy and holly in our front yard we made our own wreath. We even found smelly pinecones. It was a bit flimsy because we made our own structure rather than buying one (Neil is quite thrifty) but it was nice, and it lasted a long time. And it was HUGE!

I’m really busy this week. Neil’s birthday is Friday and I’m so excited. I’m more excited than he is. I planned a gorgeous (hopefully) cake for him and it will take all week to make. I made the decorations on Monday, I made part of the cake (actually 2 cakes) yesterday. Today I’ll make the other tier and I’ll have Thursday to decorate it.

The birthday boy hasn’t decided what he wants to do for his big day yet. He’ll get a steak for dinner though and probably chips (French fries) as well.  And I’ve got loads of presents for him which I hope he’ll love. This is a special birthday even though he doesn’t see it that way. So I want to make sure he gets a huge celebration even though it will just be the two of us.


BOTH PAIR SOLD









1 comment:

  1. Love these, such a cool cute industrial design. And happy early birthday to Neil!

    ReplyDelete