Monday, November 28, 2016


 Christmas Bazaar

 

Hopefully you’ve been following the journey and saw that we were making another stop at a Christmas Bazaar this past Saturday. One of my former co-workers came and brought a friend with her, they enjoyed themselves and both of them picked up some homemade blankets. It was a nice event, unfortunately (or fortunately) I was too busy to get up and wander around to see the other vendors and what they were offering. But they had tea, coffee, cakes and mince pies for sale; tables set up so people could sit and chat; they had a raffle and all the proceeds went to MacMillan Cancer support.


In the days leading up to the bazaar I received a large order care of my college roommate. I had to make a few more items so that I’d have stock for Saturday. I made 15 pairs of jingle bell earrings hoping they would attract attention to the table – and they did!  
 




 
 
 


In the end I sold about 12 pairs of earrings including both pairs of wreaths (and I’m not making any more of them), the pearl snow woman, most of the jingle bells, two eco-chic designs including the orange curling ribbon, and one design I adored which I think was called 3 peas in a pod.
 

 
 
 
 
Even better I got a good response to the earrings even when people didn’t buy them. Ladies came by and talked about how nice they were. I had little gift tags with holes punched in them so the few that were purchased as gifts I placed them on the festive card which had the blog address on them.  I also gave a few cards to people who didn’t buy anything but seemed interested.
 


I’m just so happy that this went so well. As I said in the previous post we’re taking the rest of the year off but again that doesn’t mean to stay away. I may have a few tricks up my sleeve. To be safe if placing an order for the US place your order by the middle of next week since shipping can take up to two weeks. Shipping within the UK is quicker but to be safe place your order by the 12th.  And I’ve already started thinking forward to next year so I may post some previews. But in the meantime the holiday season has started. The Christmas rush has begun. It’s Cyber Monday! This year don’t forget to support small vendors.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment