Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Jasper Beauty


Jasper Beauty

Back to the designs I had lined up before my bead heads arrived last week. I made these a few weeks ago when I first received the large pack of glass beads. The pack has so many different color beads I figured I could find something to go with the Jasper. I’ve had these Jasper beads for a while and since they are so earthy I couldn’t think of anything to do with them. I did sneak in a pair when I had the stall at the fair in March, but I couldn’t come up with an idea for another design. You may remember I started the year off with birthstones. I made several pairs of garnet earrings, I even made a pair that has both mine and my husband’s birthstones. I bought these jasper beads to continue the birthstone theme. Jasper is a birthstone for March or October. There are many different types of Jasper, this one is called Leopardskin Jasper because of the pattern in the stone.


This pair has one burgundy glass bead about 8 or 9 mm I’d say, with a 4 mm Jasper bead on each end of it. The burgundy of the glass bead picks up the streaks of burgundy running through the Jasper. The earrings hang approximately 1 1/8 inches from the ear. The findings are all silver plated and can be fitted with kidney wire (shown), fish hook or clip-ons.


I recently started an Instagram account and thought it would be a good idea to share my designs on Instagram a day earlier. So if you’re a fan of #TDJ or just want another way to keep in touch follow me on Instagram @robyngmh_tdj where you’ll see my picture. I hope you all like these as much as I do. I enjoyed making them and enjoyed photographing them.

 

£5.00 including UK shipping, $9.15 including US shipping

 

No comments:

Post a Comment