Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Out of sorts





 
I have been really out of sorts for the past week. First off I ordered some supplies online for my Christmas designs and most of them haven’t arrived yet. I couldn’t order them from the supplier I usually use and this supplier said the materials would arrive a week ago. I also discovered a few weeks ago that I needed a special tool to do what I have planned, but after researching the tool I came to the conclusion that I could make my own easily and save the money, it could potentially be an expensive tool. I have just about all the things I need to make the special tool but I haven’t felt like making it, and it isn’t a hard thing to do – at all! Finally I have a recipe I want to make and we bought the ingredients for it so I need to make it before the ingredients go bad but I just don’t feel like it. Every day I get up intending to do these things but then Neil says “Oh, it’s a nice day we should go ____” and I say okay when I know I have things I need to do. You can read about our outings here. Or I plan to do them after I do some chores but when the chores are done, I just want to relax.


Monday came and I hadn’t made any earrings for this week. So I started digging in a container I keep finished earrings and I saw a bunch of things I’d done a few months ago, in the early spring actually. I just purchased the craft wire and I found videos on designs to make. I made two from watching the videos but they were very difficult to make, so difficult in fact that I’ve forgotten how to make them. So on Monday I made my own design based on them. The craft wire is so delicate that you can’t over work it or you will ruin the finished product. And as with any handmade thing you can never make two that are exactly the same. Each one, each side even are slightly different.

So I’m hoping that by next week I’ll have gotten my act together; cooked the yummy fall soup, made my tool and produced my first holiday design. Keep your fingers crossed!

£4.25 including shipping to the UK, $7.75 including shipping to the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment