Wednesday, August 10, 2016

WiRed


Wired



 
A few months ago I bought some craft wire. I’ve done a few pieces with it but I hadn’t really experimented with it to see where it could go. One thing is for sure with handmade craft wire jewelry, as hard as you try the two earrings will never come out exactly the same. There will be minute differences between them. My Step mother’s birthday is next week and I wanted to make a pair of earrings to send her so I spent an afternoon playing around.
 

This is the pair I sent to her, I’m calling them Karen’s Orbit because the design made me think of something going “around the world” while I was wrapping the bead and my step-mother’s name is Karen.  They consist of a red colored bead with the craft wire swirled around it. On the bottom there is a silver (color not metal) bead with a swirl in it.
 

With this pair I was just fooling around, seeing where it would take me. It’s funny I’ve often heard artists say things like that but I never really knew what they meant by it. I ended up with these (heavy) beauties that I call Angel because to me they look a bit like angels. So the lucky lady who wears these will have an angel on each shoulder. They consist of two blue glass beads (the oblong bead gives the earring its heft), one faceted bead and one pearl bead.

As always both pair have silver plated findings and come with the backs to ensure you don’t lose them. The craft wire is also silver plated and is tarnish-free.

I’ve also had a development in the past few weeks. I had my first US purchase a few weeks ago so I can accurately gauge the prices now. I’ll go back to shipping inclusive pricing but the prices will be slightly higher to cover shipping costs.

There is one of each pair available. Karen’s Orbit Sold for UK delivery, Angel $9.30 for US delivery £7.00 for UK delivery.

 Follow us on Twitter @DanglingJourney 

 For purchase leave a comment or send an email; payments are accepted through PayPal. Items will be shipped once payment is confirmed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment